Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Corny Music

Proving yet again that youth votes are so important in the 2008 race and attempting to be the first to use music as a slogan, Hillary Clinton has surpassed corny and moved to downright ridiculous in allowing the American voter to choose a campaign song that will represent and identify her campaign. American Idol meets politics! To my knowledge no other candidates are doing this, and I hope it doesn't set a trend.

I wonder what the musicians think of their song possibly being tied to Clinton's campaign?! I like so many of the songs that I'd hate to think of Hillary every time now after I hear it! After the first round of voting, Clinton's campaign has drawn this out to a second round with five of the original choices and five choices that were the top write-in vote. I commend the candidates for making the 2008 election about the voter and trying to increase voter participation early, but this is just absurd in my opinion.

1 comment:

Don said...

The song that she chose is so befitting, Canadian (ie. not American). The song began life as an advertisement for a Canadian airline.
Maybe that's her way of segwaying into the first thing she would attempt to push through, if elected, socialized medicine modeled after the Canadian system.