Saturday, April 14, 2007

Obama Gets Imus Fired?

I find it interesting that after Obama declared Imus should be fired, MSNBC did just that.

"I believe that NBC should not be having hosts like Don Imus who are making derogatory statements toward women and minorities," Obama, who is of African descent, said in an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "The Situation Room." "I've got two young daughters who I hope will be athletes, and the notion that somehow they would be degraded and insulted and that that would pass as humor and that NBC would be running that over the public airwaves, I think, is atrocious."

Obama, who appeared once on Imus' show, said: "I have no intention of returning."

1 comment:

Don said...

I think it is likely that Jesse Jackson's strong-arm tactics were much more effective at having Imus get the boot than Obama's late chiming in.