Friday, March 30, 2007

Fundraising Deadline

As the quarterly fundraising deadline approaches (its midnight March 31), the Obama campaign is increasing its e-mails encouraging donation support. (I get ALL of their e-mails, so I know). They said they're more concerned with reaching their goal of 75,000 donors than the dollar amount. Let's be honest, no campaign is concerned more with people donating than with the amount donated, but that's a good spin in encouraging more people. It seems they surpassed their goal, as here's part of the e-mail I received today.

The 75,000th person who decided to own a piece of this campaign did it with just $5.
It happened late last night, as we hit our goal of 75,000 people donating to the campaign more than two full days in advance of the March 31st quarterly reporting deadline.

His name is Rashed. He's a Navy veteran and this was his first donation ever to a political campaign. We gave him a call from headquarters here in Chicago last night to thank him, and he told us that the reason he decided to give had a lot to do with his young daughter, Yasemin:

"Being an African American male, to have that positive role model in Senator Obama, it's given me so much hope. To be able to look at my daughter one day and tell her, 'You can be anything you want in the world" ... In the past I might have said, 'You could be anything you want to be. But president? No' ... But now, he's given me that light. Now, I can tell her, 'You really can be anything you want in the world.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.